Great Comebacks are those apparel items that you may have kept in the back of your closet waiting for the day that they can once again move to the front. In some cases, they may be in your mom's or even grandma's closet. Looking around, we are super excited to see the return of:
- The bell bottom jean - The 70's are clearly back. From men with moustaches to bell bottom pants... well, at least the bell bottoms are a fun shape to wear.
- The jumpsuit - The one-piece for grown women is sexy and stylish once again. It seems to have promise for some staying power having been revamped with shapes that range from tight full-body cat suits to loose-fitting rompers.
- Colorful denim - In the early 90's my sisters and I had a collection of jeans of many colors. My favorite pair was red. Denim in any color and cool prints of all kinds are back with a vengeance.
- The Peplum skirt - Back in elementary school, I remember wearing my super fancy green dress with floral print ruffle Basque waistline. I loved it then, but am not so sure it's something to revisit.
- Shoulder pad extremes - To see the front rows of fashion week crowded with shoulder pads suitable for a linebacker was somewhat unexpected. Blouses and blazers ala Milli Vanilli... who woulda thought?
- The prairie dress - Another shocker. When did Laura Ingals Wilder become trendy again? A bit shapeless, a lot homely, and very Reality Bites.
- Pleated jeans - Why did this ever happen?
- The thong display - The men may miss it, but aren't we ladies happy to see the shift in pantylines? Remember Halle Berry in that little number with the thong "peaking" above the skirt? Ooops!
- The skort - It's bound to come back. As we've learned, history has a way of repeating itself, but the skort is an abomination. Let's leave that one to infants and toddlers for a while longer.